Public Peering Service
The Internet Peering VLAN or ISP Unicast VLAN is the most widely used exchange service. It is the common service on which the traditional Internet Exchange is based and where public peering is done. Public peering is done by ISPs, carriers, content providers and they like to decrease network costs, improve performance and increase redundancy. The service offered by BDIX gives access to the multitude of networks connected to the BDIX platform with only one connection making it very cost-efficient.
The Internet Peering VLAN is an Ethernet based Unicast service, enabled to support both IPv4 and IPv6 natively. The service offers interface speeds of 100 MB, 1 GB and 10GB, or multitudes of these speeds in aggregated set-up.
BDIX offers high quality services over a technologically advanced and resilient platform supported by a professional and efficient personnel. All our members receive the same high level of services. The BDIX service consists of delivering, operating and interconnecting member ports on our switches and BDIX patch panel. The members are responsible for the necessary equipments like router, converters and cabling between the member's router and the BDIX switch through the arrangements made between BDIX and its members. The members are always responsible for arranging its own BGP peering with other BDIX members and for the correct functioning of its own network infrastructure, i.e. router equipment etc.
Members connected to BDIX have the benefit of making Peering agreements in the place with the highest concentration of Internet operators within country. In an easy and cost-effective way they have:
- redundant interconnection to double Peering LAN;
- ports from 100MB, 1GB. 10GB;
- private interconnection services to manage big quantity of bilateral traffic;
- flexible charging scheme;
- a direct peering relationship on the peering LAN with replicas of the D, E, F and J Root DNS servers, Apnic Community services, Verisign TLD Server, and with many other network security services;
- exchange of IPv4, IPv6 and Multicast traffic in the same infrastructure and without additional costs;
- direct support from BDIX technical staff for all the problems concerning the interconnection, peering and Co-location;
Supported Connection Types
BDIX provides the following port connectivity options subject to port availability:
- 100 MB
- 1 GB
- 10 GB